How to buy a swim spa, important options & features and how to compare brands.
Forum rules

Members are encouraged to share first-hand personal experience, facts and expertise. They are not allowed to make broad critical assessments of any particular swim spa manufacturers. Also, they may not leave signatures, URLs or text including blatant sales messages, solicitations, advertisements or self-promotion of any form.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have any information on the Vortex spa company out of Canada?!? I'm thinking about buying a swim spa and I have done a lot of research. It looks like to me that they have a fantastic product at a fantastic price. I've asked this question on other forums and the response and get back has been basically a thinly veiled "buy American". I get it!!! Most of the time I do. However, I don't want to pay $5,000 to $10,000 more for a swim spa. I'm just interested in knowing if they make quality product and provide good customer service. Thank you very much for your assistance all! :D
I had not heard of Vortex Spas before you asked. I did a little research and here is what I found:
- The have not registered the trademark "Vortex Spas" in Australia or the US.
- They do not appear to have a BBB account in the US or Canada.
- They say that they started in Australia and have been selling to Canada for 5 years and the US for 2 years.

My best guess is that it is a Australian company that contract manufactures in China and ships to a warehouse in Canada for sales into the US. The company may be run by Andrew Pullen of Spa World, Australia.

My concerns would be 1) support and 2) rights if something goes wrong.

Support - If you buy from Canada and have it shipped to the US, who will fix any problems you have with the swim spa?
Rights - If everything goes wrong, how would you protect your legal rights in the transaction? What rights would you have?

And as always, I would argue that you should take a wet test of the swim spa before buying.

I will reach out to the company and ask them to provide us with some background information.

Has anyone else heard of Vortex Spas?
Hi Dhansen ,

I dont know how you do your research but Vortex spas is actually the biggest spa retailer in Australia , we sell more spa than hotspring and jacuzzi togheter.

We have dealers in Canada for the last 6 years and we have been selling our product directly to the custumer in the Us for the past 2 years.

Since we sell our product in 17 different countries we have 2 factory ( Australia and China ) .

90 % of the parts are manufactured by Gecko in Canada and the acrylic come from Aristech in USA.

We do use Gecko qualified technicians to service our spa if needed.

Every transaction is made by a credit card wich is 100 % covered

We offer a no risk 60 days money back guarantee if our custumer doesnt like the product .

You can define the quality of a spa by the quality of the parts used in the spa :
spa controller
Warranty offered

We use the best and more expensive parts on the market to ensure durability and custumer satisfaction

heres a professional review : swimspahottubs. com/reviews /vortex-hydrozone-review /

I cant tell for this forum but all other forum are owned by spa brands that use a dealer network and their job is to scare the custumer to make sure they do buy from a dealer . This time is almost gone it is time for you guys to wake up ;) !

Vortex Spas
Most unprofessional "company" (I quote company because there is only one representative in Quebec, Canada who has to check in with Australia for anything and everything) I have ever dealt with. Actually it felt as though I was dealing with a child, asking him to please communicate all updates with me.

I had a miserable experience with Vortex and would like to inform others so they may not have to go through the same experience. I paid Vortex in Quebec, Canada ( to ship a swim spa to my residence in California on February 8th, 2014. I was told it would arrive at my home in 6 weeks, March 17th. I paid the balance on March 17th and received nothing but excuses up until May 8th when I finally had to open a "dispute" case with my credit card company. This "company," I think there is only one representative in all, kept my over $15,000 for 3 months with no pool to show for it. My credit card company fully refunded me and today May 12, 2014 there is still no refund from Vortex as promised. Nothing but empty and miserable promises from this company and a lot of frustration! I would recommend additional research when purchasing a swim spa, although the price was good, the customer service was pathetic...nothing but excuses...I should have ended it a lot sooner.
Hello all
Does anyone have any information on the Vortex spa company out of Canada

6 posts Page 1 of 1