Anyone Tried a Swimex?

How to buy a swim spa, important options & features and how to compare brands.
Forum rules
Members are encouraged to share first-hand personal experience, facts and expertise. They are not allowed to make broad critical assessments of any particular swim spa manufacturers. Also, they may not leave signatures, URLs or text including blatant sales messages, solicitations, advertisements or self-promotion of any form.

Anyone Tried a Swimex?

Postby jaskis » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:55 pm

We're looking at swimspas and comparing. Our primary use will be swimming for exercise. Has anyone tried the paddlewheel Swimex? We are comparing that to the propeller with the Michael Phelps models or the Endless Pool. Any reviews of these would be helpful.
jaskis

Re: Anyone Tried a Swimex?

Postby dhansen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 am

These are three great companies / products (SwimEx, Master Spas / Michael Phelps and Endless Pools).

I would be very skeptical of any online review. There are a lot of so called "unbiased" reviews written by employees of spa companies and dealers. I am not aware of a good, unbiased review of these three products.

So go ahead and read the reviews, but keep an open mind. Then, swim in each pool yourself.
dhansen
Site Admin

Postby gjackson134 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:09 am

I agree with David, these are three good companies with good products. Each company makes a high quality product and each stands behind their product. However, these companies and their swim spas are very different.

Here's one way to think about the differences.

Robert Lauter, CEO of Master Spas (Michael Phelps Swim Spa), studied political science in college. He has been working in the hot tub industry since 1979. Under his leadership, Master Spa purchased the technology from Exerswim which they branded as H2X, then later rebranded as Michael Phelps.

Everett Pearson and his son, Mark Pearson, of SwimEx are both engineers. They have a number of businesses that rely on engineering solutions to use composite materials for residential and commercial customers. They created SwimEx (which combines their knowledge of fiberglass with a unique swim current design) to serve the swimming and rehabilitation markets (with a focus on commercial customers, i.e. sports teams, pt centers, hospitals).

James Murdock, the president of Endless Pools studied engineering in college. He created Endless Pools to sell his modular swim spa to residential customers for swimming and fitness.

Taken another way:
- Master Spa has celebrity endorsements and trademarked features (swim number system, Wave Propulsion™ Technology, Xtreme Therapy Seat). Their swim spas have all the bells and whistles and look great out of the box.
- SwimEx was engineered for swimming and therapy. They have a novel construction and a unique current.
- Endless Pools was also designed for swimming and therapy. They focus on the quality of the swim current. They have one and two propeller models with different configurations and different current smoothing systems.

So for the bottom line, I have swum in a SwimEx. It has a great current that spans the width of the pool. And because the inlet it on the opposite site as the outlet, the current flows in only one direction. My advice, try it out for yourself.
gjackson134

Postby Adrien8100 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 am

gjackson134 wrote:I agree with David, these are three good companies with good products. Each company makes a high quality product and each stands behind their product. However, these companies and their swim spas are very different.

Here's one way to think about the differences.

Robert Lauter, CEO of Master Spas (Michael Phelps Swim Spa), studied political science in college. He has been working in the hot tub industry since 1979. Under his leadership, Master Spa purchased the technology from Exerswim which they branded as H2X, then later rebranded as Michael Phelps.

Everett Pearson and his son, Mark Pearson, of SwimEx are both engineers. They have a number of businesses that rely on engineering solutions to use composite materials for residential and commercial customers. They created SwimEx (which combines their knowledge of fiberglass with a unique swim current design) to serve the swimming and rehabilitation markets (with a focus on commercial customers, i.e. sports teams, pt centers, hospitals).

James Murdock, the president of Endless Pools studied engineering in college. He created Endless Pools to sell his modular swim spa to residential customers for swimming and fitness.

Taken another way:
- Master Spa has celebrity endorsements and trademarked features (swim number system, Wave Propulsion™ Technology, Xtreme Therapy Seat). Their swim spas have all the bells and whistles and look great out of the box.
- SwimEx was engineered for swimming and therapy. They have a novel construction and a unique current.
- Endless Pools was also designed for swimming and therapy. They focus on the quality of the swim current. They have one and two propeller models with different configurations and different current smoothing systems.

So for the bottom line, I have swum in a SwimEx. It has a great current that spans the width of the pool. And because the inlet it on the opposite site as the outlet, the current flows in only one direction. My advice, try it out for yourself.

I'm totally agree with you.You'r 100% good here that Endless pools was also developed for swimming and treatment.They concentrate on the quality of the swimming present.They have one and two propeller designs with different options and different present removing techniques.
Adrien8100

Postby cindycampbell75 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:13 pm

So, which brand did you buy?
cindycampbell75

Return to Buying a Swim Spa