Maintaining a swim spa including water chemistry, heating, fixing leaks, etc.
Forum rules

Members are encouraged to share first-hand personal experience, facts and expertise. They are not allowed to make broad critical assessments of any particular swim spa manufacturers. Also, they may not leave signatures, URLs or text including blatant sales messages, solicitations, advertisements or self-promotion of any form.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I bought a H2x 15D masterspa swim spa last year. All was well until I noticed my white facial hair and chest hair was turning a nice shade of green. I did a bit of research and discovered to my surprise that one of the three filters termed by them "EcoPur" seems to be dumping a lot of copper into the pool. I can thing of nothing else that might do this since I believe there is no other copper piping or elements directly touching the water. In order to place blame correctly I had a water test done on the source public water and there is no trace of copper. My pool water is above 4 ppm
1. I replaced the ecopur filter with a standard non-copper variety.
2. I used a sequestering agent 10 times the recommended "dosage"
3. I also am using CU Later Metal eliminator

All with no success.
I look to your sage advice for help here. Can any of you think of another source of copper? I checked and the heating elements are made of tungsten.

Any response would be appreciated
Are you sure you do not have too much chlorine? That always used to turn hair green. City water?
I'm having the same issue with my spa. Has anyone found a reason why this would be happening?
3 posts Page 1 of 1